Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Virginia Beach? Generally, there are three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your front door, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Even though your provider will be able to recommend where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that a criminal would make an effort to casually enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. There are also delivery bandits among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you can speak with people who come and press the button. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and live video and give the impression you’re on site. When someone begins doing something questionable, you will have your video doorbell instantly capture footage and transmit it to your cell phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult undertaking. Luckily, there are a few beneficial recommendations to help ensure your property is well protected.
- The corners of your Virginia Beach house provide a large field-of-view, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Position underneath an overhang or into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be partially obscured by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more likely entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that may block your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Virginia Beach. That same flexibility means you have more factors to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the sunlight that enters via a window may cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will have a broader view. Try placing your cameras at the top of bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera will lose its ability to protect you if anything happens to it. Install your indoor units where children or pets can’t interact with them. You could try mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a houseplant in the way. However, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (757) 241-4673 or fill out the form on this page to get started.