What Are The Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Virginia Beach?
It wasn’t that long ago when wired equipment was your only solution when installing a home security system. You could forget about positioning a and indoor camera on a table or controlling your components with a mobile device. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You presently have an array of added benefits to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in Virginia Beach will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
Arguably the most vital element of wireless home security can be summarized in the following words - internet connection. If you have access to high-performance internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, explore options that have battery and cellular backups available to maintain the connection to your monitoring team at all times.
In the event you reside in a rural setting without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired installation will probably be a wiser option. Or It could also make more sense from a monetary perspective to choose the traditional route if you live in a house that has security wiring already installed.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Virginia Beach will boost the safety of your property, which is the primary goal in the first place. However, if you like the possibility of having the most current tech, review the following benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the components in your home from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from the palm of your hand using the ADT Control app. You can view camera footage, turn on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you neglected to do so. When an intrusion or emergency takes place, you can have alerts dispatched directly to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and time-consuming system setups. One of the greatest facets of wireless components is that you may put them practically anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to add on later with the latest equipment, bringing devices into your network is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices a possibility with speedy, two-way communications. Program your components to perform a function in certain scenarios to increase your protection and dissuade home invasions. For example, if your exterior video camera discovers unusual movement on your property, it can instantly prompt your inside lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Virginia Beach
Although wireless home security systems in Virginia Beach have proven to be reliable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Here are some of the most prevalent concerns:
- Battery-operated wireless components could stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically need to be arranged within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to increase your adaptability.
- Like any computer network, the fear of being hacked is relevant. You can take action to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only install security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the latest in Virginia Beach wireless home security? Call (757) 241-4673 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the right package for your property.