What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Virginia Beach
You know you need to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your valuables. But what type of home defense is ideal? Figuring out if you should utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you need to make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Virginia Beach and see what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring organization that is prepared to act at any moment. Whenever a door sensor activates or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents receive a notification instantaneously. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional support. You could think of this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This possibility is the less expensive route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Virginia Beach
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always wise. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react quicker to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could entitle you to a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: When you get tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Many residents would prefer to have work done by experienced experts, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation may be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Virginia Beach
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some might think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added fee. Other residents may wish to use a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment when you want - and from different manufacturers. However, you may find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your system. If an emergency takes place, you’re in charge of getting help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This circumstance equates to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you need assistance during the installation, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Virginia Beach
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Virginia Beach from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the ideal solution for you. Dial (757) 241-4673 today to speak with our security experts.