How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Virginia Beach
Security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of tools all designed to deliver comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions help you to have the most from security cameras in Virginia Beach.
How To Set Up Your Virginia Beach Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing them in the best places within your living space. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your porch, driveway, and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your family ought to be a chief regard before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component location is only the beginning in getting the most out of home security cameras in Virginia Beach. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone whenever unusual activity is detected. You can also set cameras to start filming when movements are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your home security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone with the device. Through ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and allows for a more complete look at any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture video of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Virginia Beach is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (757) 241-4673 or submit the form below to get started building your home security and camera system today.