Modern residential security options are getting more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to perform basic security tasks like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these chores in the future? With geofencing in Virginia Beach, you can simply leave the driveway and make your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Virginia Beach For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you may set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the devices you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Virginia Beach. With the security app, you have the ability to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components engage based on another activity. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Virginia Beach
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our representatives today at (757) 241-4673 or send in the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.