Helpful Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Virginia Beach
Deterrence is a critical aspect of your home’s defense, and one of the leading ways to discourage prowlers is by using lights. A nicely illuminated yard not only looks terrific, it’s also much less likely to have intrusions. If you wish to enhance your home’s security, check out these valuable recommendations for home security lighting in Virginia Beach. We have some ideas for outdoor and indoor illumination that can benefit your family.
Add Security And Allure With Landscape Lighting
The right type of landscape lighting and well-positioned video cameras will go a long way in keeping invaders away from your residence. Try the following Virginia Beach outside lighting recommendations.
- Be sure access points are covered: Your front door and rear entrance remain as the most likely locations for intrusions. Ensure those access points are well-illuminated but don’t neglect your garage. While intense motion-activated floodlights are a popular choice for this spot, it’s not your only strategy. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time wildlife goes past, consider using less obtrusive lights that remain on throughout the night. Make no mistake, bright, motion-sensing floodlights may scare off intruders, but having a properly positioned light that stays on has a greater chance of keeping them out of your yard altogether.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those beautiful lights along your paver walkway do more than help you see in the dark. They also permit you to see parts of your yard you may not otherwise be able to from the inside.
- Add style and protection with accents: Not just for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on spots that may serve as hideouts. You can place accents in mulch beds outside first-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or next to shrubbery and trees. These options offer a stunning effect while enhancing your security.
- Illuminate the edges of your property: A layered approach should also include the borders of your yard. Illuminating your gates, fencing, and outer boundaries of your property will help dissuade trespassers.
How To Boost Safety With Interior Lighting in Virginia Beach
Home security lighting in Virginia Beach includes more than outdoor illumination. Your indoor lights are critical in enhancing security too. Smart light bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s defense are valuable for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Set your lights to a schedule and make it seem like the house is occupied. This is a great deterrent and a wise plan whenever you’re away.
- Access from anywhere: If you go on a trip but forget to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on with your convenient smartphone app.
- Integration with other security elements: If the motion sensor on your outdoor camera trips, you could have an inside light illuminate automatically. This capability is another deterrent to trespassers.
Dissuade Intruders Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Virginia Beach From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your strategically illuminated residence with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Virginia Beach let you automate, access, and control all types of smart implements, including lighting. Contact (757) 241-4673 today to design a package for your home.